by L. Eleanor Herriman, MD, MBA and Steve Ambrose
Lab and pathology services often average only 3% of hospital and health system costs. However, the data labs create represents 70% of all actionable information in the EHR. Enter the power of leveraging ‘FAB LAB’ data to drive down the high-rising costs of healthcare service in hospitals and health systems.
Steve Ambrose interviews Dr. Eleanor Herriman, a healthcare disruptor and disciple of Harvard Business School’s legendary strategist Michael Porter. As the CMIO of Viewics, she is leading a major charge to take labs out of the shadows and into the limelight of hospitals and health systems.
Listen to Steve Ambrose and Dr. Herriman discuss:
- The untapped power of lab data
- Viewics and its unique ETL technology
- Where CIOs are missing major cost savings
- Why under-utilization is many time more costly and dangerous than overutilization
- New money and new growth in 2017