Health plans are leaning on laboratories to provide detailed laboratory value and billing data to support HEDIS reporting, new legislation, and value-based care initiatives.
While there’s no law requiring your laboratory to send electronic HEDIS data, many payors are mandating this requirement and, failure to comply could put your laboratory contract at risk. For example, one hospital estimated a potential loss of $6 million in business because it didn’t have an automated HEDIS reporting solution for its laboratories.
So what exactly is HEDIS and what are the benefits of the collected data? How can you use the data internally? And what’s the best solution for collecting that data quickly and easily?
Get answers to these questions and more when you download “Satisfying Payor HEDIS Requests: How to Leverage LIS and Billing Data to Deliver Critical Insights to Payors”. Listen as Dave Drothler from the Children’s National Medical Center (CNMC) and Sonny Varadan from Nichols Management Group provide insights into how and why laboratories are leveraging data analytics platforms to automate the HEDIS data-sharing process.
Whether you’re a laboratory administrator, director, or manager, or a hospital and health system administrator—anyone who needs a better system for aggregating and automating HEDIS data to payors—this is one webinar you must watch.
Dave Drothler has been the Manager of Laboratory Information Systems at Children’s National Medical Center for 19 years. He is also a key team member of Children’s National Medical Center Laboratory Administration.
Sonny Varadan, MBA, PMP, is the Director for IT Strategy and Client Connectivity at a major regional reference laboratory. He is also a key team member of Nichols Management Group, a leading laboratory consulting organization, and consults on client and patient-facing IT Strategies for various institutions.
- What HEDIS is and why the information is important for your laboratory.
- How providing this information to payors can strengthen your position at the negotiating table.
- Why laboratories have been challenged with satisfying HEDIS data requests.
- How technologies selected by Children’s automated the HEDIS data-sharing process and aggregated its billing and LIS data to support payor directives.
You may also be interested in:
- Blog Post: Online Payor Analytics Made Easy: Providing Access to HEDIS Data via Secure Online Portals
- Blog Post: Strategies That Strengthen Payor Collaboration
- Webinar: Advanced Lab Analytics for Patient Blood Management Programs