The U.S. healthcare system is undergoing monumental changes, with the current healthcare policy shifting from a fee-for-service to a value-based reimbursement model. Clinical and anatomical pathology laboratories are facing large reimbursement cuts, and must rethink how they analyze and utilize their clinical, financial, and operational data. Advanced analytics and data management are critical to organizations seeking to improve their current operations and enhance quality of care.
In this comprehensive guide, we cover topics from laboratory outreach operations, to payor collaboration, to cost containment. Loaded with dashboards and views, this strategic planning guide will show you how laboratories can drive improvements across the institution with advanced analytics.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify practice pattern variations and opportunities to deliver better care
- Effectively monitor pathologists’ quantitative and qualitative performance
- Predict and adjust staffing levels based on trends within the lab
- Track errors and inaccuracies, and identify opportunities for improvement and mitigation
You may also be interested in:
- Article: The Cost of Inappropriate Utilization
- Blog Post: The Laboratory as a Strategic Asset in Today’s Accountable Care Environment
- White Paper: Agile Analytics: The Key to Surviving and Thriving After the Medicare Tipping Point